These Hearty mini desserts are the healthiest thing you treat your beloved one with! made with 5 ingredients only and sweetened with all natural ingredients. Gluten free, Paleo friendly, and no bake!
Valentine’s day is right around the corner! Now to be frank with you, I’m not a huge valentine celebrator BUT, I always take my share of hearty chocolate treats because why wouldn’t you sis? I find Valentine’s day as an opportunity for sharing hearty treats and gifts and making your beloved ones feel all loved and cherished. Whether you are planning to gift your boyfriend, kids, husband, best friend, mommy, and daddy? These healthy sesame and coconut desserts are the thing for real!!
These hearty desserts will make your beloved one ask for more, and I guarantee you if you try them on valentine’s day, you’ll try them again on any day. When I first made these as a first attempt, I was a bit sceptical..but boy, I made 30 of these and they were gone by the end of the day.
Now let me tell you one thing, this recipe is not valentine exclusive. You can make these any day at any time! they are perfect for snacking as well as an energy bite as they are high in protein, fats, and healthy carbs. They are super easy to make and no bake!
Tips & Tricks
You don’t need processed sugar to make treats delicious. All you need is real food and creativity! and by that, I mean natural sweeteners like raisins and honey. Raisins are naturally sweet, adding honey will make them even sweeter! You can substitute honey with maple syrup for a vegan option.
For a rich, fudge-like texture, make sure to process sesame seeds right after roasting them. That way, the heat will allow all the natural oils to easily break in.
If your coconut shreds are moist, you don’t have to process them for a long period of time. You just need to process until you reach an almond flour like texture. However, if your shredded coconut seem to be dry, process it until the texture gets chunky and oily.
You may add a handful of medium shredded coconut for a rich texture.
Healthy Coconut Sesame Desserts
- 426 grams (3 cups) of golden raw sesame seeds
- 71 grams (1 cup) of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 200 grams (About 1 cup) of golden raisins
- 3 tbsp of raw honey
- 1 tbsp of orange blossom water
- 1 cup of pre boiled water
- 100 grams of unsweetened dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of coconut oil or organic butter
- Preheat your nonstick pan to low heat. Bring a small handy pot to add raisins and 1 cup of pre-boiled water. Boil for 10 minutes or until the raisins soften.
- Toast sesame for 15 minutes or until the seeds reach a light brown color with constant stirring in between to avoid burning the seeds!
- After roasting sesame seeds, transfer them to a food processor and blend them with posing to scrub the sides when needed. Grind until you notice a build-up of small chunks or cornmeal like consistency.
- Transfer ground sesame to a mixing bowl and set aside. Next, blend your coconut shreds with pausing in between to scrub the sides. Process until the coconut shreds seem to be oily and a bit chunky.
- After the raisins have softened. Drain off any excess water, and add raw honey. Blend using a hand blender (you can also use a food processor, I used a hand blender to save time) until you reach a jam-like texture.
- Add 1 tbsp of orange blossom water and raisins puree to the dry ingredients. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined and moldable.
- Next, bring a silicone heart mold and try to press in the mixture to make sure there is no space left in the mold. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until the heart shapes are firm and not breakable.
- Microwave the dark chocolate with coconut oil. When it's completely melted, dip in the heart shapes and cover up the surface only. Let it cool down and serve immediately or store in the fridge in a container.