Peach, cucumber, and beet salad with Homemade Moroccan honey almond drizzle. A delicious, healthy side dish for your summer grilled goodies!
What’s a better time to enjoy salads with seasonal fruits and veggies other than summertime? I love summer salads! I get the chance to play around with summer harvest goodies thanks to all the fresh fruits and veggies we get to have in this season.
There is no doubt that salads are my ultimate go-to lunch option and this summery peach and cucumber salad is one of them! Salads require little to no cooking which is perfect for summer because no one wants to turn on the stove on a hot day don’t we?
Pairing sweet and savory salads with summer grilled dishes is a must-do ritual for me in the summertime. My go-to choices would be a simple yet tasty salad recipe with fresh seasonal fruits, semi-sweet veggies, and nuts for extra flavor and crunch. For this reason, I find this salad, in particular, makes a great side dish for every grilled dish we make.
There is no better fruit that can make a sweet addition to summer salads other than peaches! Beets and peaches make a great duo! whereas cucumbers and lettuce add a juicy crunch to it. The softness and juiciness of ripe peaches go well with the crunchiness of beetroots and cucumber perfectly! Adding Amlou drizzle, which is Moroccan almond butter, added a sweet nutty touch to the salad which goes perfectly well with the taste of peaches.
Can I store this salad for later use?
It’s best to serve this immediately as storing it will reduce the freshness of the ingredients and result in the peaches turning brown.
I don’t have Amlou, what can I use instead to drizzle my salad?
No worries! Making Amlou is easy and requires minimal ingredients, you can see how you can make one here. However if you are in a rush, you can simply add one tbsp of almond butter, one tbsp of olive oil, and one tbsp of honey. Mix everything as explained in the recipe card below.
How ripe my peaches should be?
In this recipe I used moderately ripe peaches. You can tell if a peach is moderately ripe by gently squeezing into a peach if it feels too soft then it’s too ripe. If it’s hard then it’s not ripe enough. A Moderately ripe peach varies in between!
I don’t have almond butter for the Amlou sauce, what can I use instead?
You can make your own almond butter if you have almonds. If you don’t, you can use peanut butter instead and mix it with the rest of the ingredients.
Can I use nectarines instead of peaches?
I mean why not? You can use yellow nectarines instead of peaches if you wish to.
If you like this summer salad recipe, you may want to check my other recipes:
Summer Peach, Cucumber & Beet Salad
- 2 medium sized peaches cut into wedges
- 1 medium sized tomato cut into wedges
- 1 small beet head thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves chopped
- 1 medium sized cucumber thingly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, separated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a mini bowel and beat the ingredients using a fork or a mini whisk. Whisk until thick and well combined and set aside.
- In a mini bowl, add almond butter, honey, and olive oil. Mix until well combined
- In a mixing bowel, add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, beets, and the salad dressing. Toss everything together until well coated.
- Transfer the salad to a serving plate and place chopped peaches on top of it.
- Drizzle with the honey almond sauce as desired and serve immediately.